Tuesday, December 28, 2010

28-12-10




A warm sigh of Italian.


Just came home from a lovely dinner with my mum and twin-sister.
The restaurant was absolutely one of the most pleasant Italian restaurant I've ever been!
The staff were informal in a good way and the salon was cosy but with enough privacy!
They served the day menu (every day there's another 4 course menu):

Starter: Several typical Italian snacks(such as parmesan with dried tomatoes, a special salami etc.) + small slices baguette with balsamico-oil and sea salt.

In between: 3 bites of different pastes. One with truffle, one with original red sauce and another one with cheese and spinach.

Main Course: I had the vis variant: a big shrimp, Bass(zeebaars), and Coquilles Saint Jacques. (Drunk a dry white wine with it).
My sis had quail and my mum entricote(a steak). All of them were lovely! (YES I ate meat. I've eaten no meat for about 2,5 years now but this evening the moment, the menu was perfect to taste a tiny bit of it all. Besides the antricote and the special salami non of it all will be worth giving up my vegetarian way of eating).

Dessert: A lovely self-made tiramisu.

After we were done with the menu the restaurant gave us a cake(that's what the always do I guess 'cause I saw them giving it others as well).

At the very end our host gave us a shot of a alcoholic drink and I asked him if he'd toast with us and he did.
The perfect end of a lovely evening i guess.

I'm sorry I don't have any pictures but I forgot my camera and can't find some pictures that would represent my experience with the restaurant on the internet..
But the most important thing of this post is my recommodation to all of you to visit it one day!:

Trattoria Casa da Toni
Prinsestraat 36, The Hague
The Netherlands
070 - 364 30 97


X Tisha

No comments:

Post a Comment